Find your way...

February 23, 2012

ATLANTA INTERIOR DESIGNER: Curb appeal & amazing outdoor living...

In the spirit of the upcoming spring season, I wanted to focus on the exterior of our homes. Inviting backyards & curb appeal to be specific. One of my favorite things to do in the spring and summer is be outside in the yard...there is nothing like relaxing outside on a warm evening with friends at a good cook out! 

For those of you who are looking to sell, rent, or even purchase a new place curb appeal is sometimes just as important, if not more important, than the inside. I say this because I know some people wont even look inside if the exterior is lacking. My husband is a Horticulturist & Landscape Design Consultant so I have heard my fair share about what is takes to spruce up a landscape. Often times just a good clean up along with routine maintenance can do wonders for your outdoor living space.

Here are some examples of homes with great curb appeal.

 Picture Perfect.

 Fresh cut grass with clean shrubbery & surround make a difference.


This one is doable for almost anyone. Freshly painted door in a welcoming golden/wheat tone. An inexpensive DIY wreath or Pier 1 find. Top it off with some fresh flowers from your local nursery & you're finished!

Curving sidewalk lined with greenery graciously invites you to the door.

The always cheery flower boxes.

And just to get us dreaming, check out these amazing backyards & outdoor living spaces!

 I love this simple serene nature of this space.

 My dream backyard for sure...dock living on a lake and big green yard.
Okay, I'll take two.



Modern elegance with a rustic barn twist.
I love that you can dig your toes in the sand while you sit next to the fire pit. 

Ahhhh spring...what keeps you looking forward to this time each year?

Happy Designing!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment