I found this receipe on Pinterest and oh my am I in food heaven!
This is the ultimate comfort food in my opinion....must be the italian in me.
Braided Spaghetti Bread!!
1 Loaf Rhodes Bread Dough thawed to room temperature
6 oz spaghetti, cooked
1 cup thick spaghetti sauce
8 oz mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 –inch cubes
1 egg white
Ground Turkey, Italian sausage, or Beef (optional)
1. Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray (or use parchment paper).
2. Roll loaf flat into a 12x16-inch rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
3. Cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and let cool slightly.
4. Remove wrap from dough. Place spaghetti lengthwise in a 4-inch strip down the center of dough. Tip with sauce and cheese cubes. (I mixed my spaghetti and sauce together and added a ½ pound of cooked Italian sausage/cook ground turkey/cooked ground beef)
6. Begin braid by folding top and bottom strips toward filling. Then braid strips left over right, right over left. Finish by pulling last strip over and tucking under braid.
7. Lift braid with both hands and place on large sprayed baking sheet. (or transfer parchment paper to baking sheet). Brush with egg white and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley (I added garlic salt).
8. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly and slice to serve.
Amazing! Great for a fun friday night meal!
Have a wonderful weekend!